Urban farming business plan.
Curtis Stone: The Urban Farmer / Recommend Reading
Have you ever considered farming, but you have no land?
Would you perhaps be looking for a comprehensive urban farming business plan?
This is the perfect information source for you if you want to farm, but:
– You stay in an urban area and you don’t own agricultural land;
– You don’t know the required techniques or business strategies.
– You don’t know which high yield crops to plant;
You want to farm and you want to:
– Start off with low capital layout;
– Learn how to operate a small scale profitable urban farm.
– Have all the information required condensed in one book (Urban farming manual)
If you can relate to the above, then Curtis Stone has written his book “Urban Farmer” just for you.
Characteristics of the book:
The Author, Curtis Stone is the owner/operator of Green City Acres.
This is an urban commercial farm growing vegetables for markets, restaurants, and retail stores.
He describes in his book how to establish an urban farm in an economical and profiting manner.
A summary of the content list of the book is as follows:
1. A Farm in the city.
2. A viable farming business on ½ acre or less.
3. The business of urban farming.
4. Finding the right site.
5. Building your farm, one site at a time.
6. Infrastructure and equipment
8. Production systems
9. Basic crop planting
10. Crops for the urban farmer.
Listen to all the valuable advice that the author shares freely in one of his video clips:
The logic of growing food in the city where it is consumed makes expensive travel and storage logistics redundant. Fresh from the field to the restaurateur or to the household table via the vegetable market ensures better quality and produce
“The Urban Farmer” is a book that unlocks a scale-able and easily reproduced business model.
The contents portray a complete guide to minimizing risk and maximizing profit by using intensive production in condensed leased or borrowed land patches.
The Urban Farmer by Curtis Stone is my number one recommended book on urban farming.
Your comments will be appreciated.
Any questions? I will answer all from the comments section.
Cobus vdM / https://offgridbasics.com